Learn some quick tips and tricks from Pulp Riot on how to best use their hair color. We also have a handy swatch guide for you at Salon Services.
We’ve got some do’s and don’ts on Pulp Riot hair color that you’re going to want to save for later. Use this page as a reference on swatches and insider information about the colors.
• Do not use a conditioner or treatment prior to applying Pulp Riot.
• If pre-lightening the hair
, make sure to completely shampoo out bleach or toner.
• Do not mix Pulp Riot with a developer.
• Apply Pulp Riot to clean, dry hair.
• Saturation is key. Working with ½-inch sections makes saturation easy.
• Leave on the hair for 25 to 40 minutes, without heat.
• Rinse thoroughly with cool water. No shampoo. Conditioner on ends optional.
To Avoid Bleeding
• Rinse with cool water.
• Use high water pressure.
• If a dark color is used next to a light color, have an assistant hold hair with one of the colors outside the bowl when rinsing the other color.
After Care Instructions
• Do not wash for the first 2 days after application.
• Wash with sulfate-free shampoo
and conditioner every few days or use a dry shampoo.
• Shampoo the scalp area only and let the shampoo rinse through the rest.
• Prolonged exposure to chlorinated water or well water will shorten the color cycle.
• While Pulp Riot can be used on hair that is level 7 and above, the lighter the hair, the brighter the results.
• For best results
we recommend lightening the hair to:
Level 7+ for Noir, Nightfall, Absinthe, Fireball, Cupid, Velvet, Aquatic, and Jam
. Level 9+ for Blush, Powder, Smoke, Lilac, Mercury, Lemon, Sea Glass, and Neons.
Silver, Charcoal, Black
• The base color of silver, charcoal, and black should be taken into consideration when mixing them with other colors.
• Mercury is silver. It has a violet base.
• Smoke is charcoal and Noir is black. They have a blue base.
Pulp Riot Paint by Numbers Swatch Guide
Shop the color line
at Salon Services and start applying these Pulp Riot tips and tricks now!